Data we collect and store
- We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. LML does not send marketing emails to our users; we may from time to time inform you of changes in, or improvements to, our service or product, or additions to our product line. LML will also send email from our website to notify users of the following:
- a lost item has been found;
- a listing has generated a user comment,
- a user has received a private message in our private messaging system;
- receipts for purchases made on LostMyLovey.com
- We offer advertising on our website to carefully selected businesses in the toy industry. No specific information about individuals is shared with these partners.
- We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help identify you and maintain your signed-in status. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you visit a link posted by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
- We do use Google Analytics to help analyze our web page flow; customize and measure the effectiveness of our services, content and advertising; and improve our content, navigation, and services.
You can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
- We collect and store your email address, for purposes such as account registration, notification of private messages, notification of lost items being found, and sending receipts for purchases made on this Website.
- We collect and store your phone number and alternate email address as an optional service to purchasers of the LostMyLovey ID Tag, to be used for contact purposes in the event of a lost item.
- We collect and store that you are indicated that you are over 18 years of age to verify that all registered users are over 18 years of age. LML does not permit users under the age of 18, nor do we knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If LML learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18, LML will remove that post and remove the user from our Website.
- LML does not receive or store any credit card information. Credit card transactions are handled through PayPal, who is solely responsible for transmitting your financial data through their system.
- We collect and store correspondence sent directly to us.
- We collect and store personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it in our listings, or if you contact us directly. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON LML THAT YOU EXPECT TO KEEP PRIVATE. We ask that you not include your email address, physical address, phone number, child's name, child’s age, child’s school, or any other personally identifying information on any listings or comments on our Website, as it will be visible to anyone with an Internet connection, and will make you a target of spam or other unwanted contact.
- We collect and store additional information that we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Website policies (for example, we may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership/possession of an item you list).
- We collect and store other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- We collect and store the content of all private messages sent between our members, including the sender, recipient, date, subject, message, attachments, and number of private messages sent in total, for the purposes of monitoring user activity which may breach the User Agreement for this website.
- Our log files and other records are stored indefinitely.
- If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Tell-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to LML. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may edit it by logging into your account and making changes. To close a posting, edit the post to mark it as "Closed". It will still remain on our servers, but not appear on the site. To completely remove your postings from our servers you must delete your account by logging in and selecting "Delete Account".
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts for one year, to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the User Agreement
, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Data Security and Deletion
Your information is stored on servers located in the United States, and hosted by Nexcess. Their network infrastructure information for Shared Hosting can be viewed here (https://www.nexcess.net/expressionengine/hosting
). However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. In addition, your personal information and the content of your private messages may be subject to review by LML staff or law enforcement in the event of any type of legal or fraud investigation.
asking to delete the account. This data will still be retained in annual database backups until the yearly deletion process has occurred.
If you have consented to LML's use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where LML is using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your LML password to anyone. Passwords must have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. Passwords and usernames must be at least 8 characters in length.
If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf.
Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify LML and change your password. Registered users can access and update their account information through the account login on the top of every page of our Website.
Archiving and display of LML postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with LML - including facebook, twitter, digg, stumbleupon, archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - may archive or otherwise make available LML postings, including comments and screen names.
Circumstances in which LML may release information
LML may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
LML may also disclose information about our users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our User Agreement
respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of LML, its users or the general public.
We may also share your personal information with:
Information You Share on LML
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigators, bill collectors).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose all information relevant to the investigation, such as content of your posts, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, private messages and listing history.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet cafe, certain information about you, such as your screen name, activity or emails from LML, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement
, you do so at your own risk. If you disclose your information on other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose.
LML, or people who post on LML, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third parties, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
We utilize eBay for posting recommended items for sale that may interest you based on the type of item you post. The title of your post and additional keywords you provide in your posting are provided to eBay in order to generate a list of similar items for sale. These might be terms such as "blue bunny" or "Jellycat elephant". No personally identifiable information from your account is sent to eBay.
We utilize Campaign Monitor for occasional emails that are sent to you with information on updated policies, changes or improvements to our service or product, or additions to our product line. Your email address is stored securely at Campaign Monitor. You can read more about their GDPR readiness here
Social Media Widgets
If your questions are not answered online, you may contact us
Any terms not defined herein shall have the meaning given those terms in the User Agreement